The big reveal!
WHAT IS UP you beautiful people?!! How the heck are you doing, ladies and gents?! I hope while you were reading that you thought to yourself, “Dang flabbit, I’m doing just peachy, Meesh!” haha! ‘Cause that would make me super happy! Lol! Anyways, today I’m coming at you with a blog post that I’m super excited about; my room transformation! Cheehee! I finally finished my room and I’m so excited to share it with you. So if you didn’t know, Giscelle and I use to share a room. Pretty much my entire life, I’ve had the honor and privilege of being her roommate in VERY SMALL ROOMS… very small. But I loved it haha! She recently went away to college which was difficult for me, not gonna lie. Anyways, since this was my first time having my own room, I decided to give it a total transformation to fit my style and personality! You want to see??? lol!
Welcome to my oasis!
Zinus Sonoma Metal & Wood bed frame – Amazon.com $139.06
Bedding – Tjmaxx $50ish
Geometric light – Ross
Pillow cases – Walmart $5ish
Picture frames – Tjmaxx $???
Shelves – City Mill $27
Opalhouse 5’x7′ area rug – Target $89.99
Opalhouse throw pillows – Target $19.99 each
Bedside table – Ross $28
Desk Chair – Ross $30ish
Desk – Idk… Mycah gave it to me haha! Thanks bro!
Snake plant – My front yard
I actually made this macrame! Do you like it? Maybe I can do a DIY room decor video for you? Let me know!
FAKE plant – TJMaxx $???
Curtains – Ross $???
I spy me…
*Rookie move, meesh… HAHAHA*
Tips for decorating a small room!
So idk if you can tell from the pictures but my room is pretty small. But through this process of decorating, I came up with a few tips to help all my peeps out there who also have a small space they want to spice up a little!
- ULILIZE THE WALL SPACE! – Get shelves that not only are decorative and visual pleasing but will also help you store things!
- Cubby boxes are key! – I noticed that a small room can look pretty cluttered sometimes but if you organize your things and sort them into cubby boxes and put them on a shelf like I did, It enhances the room by adding color and painting the sense of simplicity by hiding all your things! Lol!
- Space out your furniture – When laying out the furniture in your room, I feel its better to keep space in between your furniture. Don’t feel the need to utilize every single floor space because that will make your room feel even smaller. So with that being said, keep the amount of furniture to a minimum!
- Keep your color pallet light and bright! – Natural lighting in a room is everything and by keeping your walls a lighter color, It will emphasize the natural light and will already help your room seem bigger. I also kept my bedding and curtains a neutral color so that it will be easier to change up the decor for the holidays! AGH I CAN’T WAIT FOR CHIRSTMAS!!! Lol
- Add horizontal stripes – If you saw, my rug has little pom pom’s in horizontal lines! Very subtle detail, however, I fell like it aded an extra sort of length or dimension to my room! Like I said, very subtle, but I felt like it helped!
WHELP… There you have it folks! My new space! What do you think? I LOVE INTERIOR DESIGN! I had so much fun taking a little space and turning it into something so perfect and comfortable and so me! Knowing me, my room will definitely be changing here and there… but that’s okay! I honestly believe that it is so important to create an environment that will help you THRIVE and PROGRESS in life. I don’t want to talk too much about that just yet. But let’s just say that there was a reason why I made this room transformation top on my priority list and why I invested a lot of money into it. If you want to know where I was going with that, be sure to come back for the next blog post.
I apologize for not having all the prices for you guys. A lot of this stuff I already had and I couldn’t remember how much I got it for back then. I hope you understand!
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it for you guys!
Be sure to subscribe if you haven’t already so that you receive an email notification every time I post something. I have a lot of really cool content coming up for y’all and I’d hate for you to miss out on it!!
Thanks again for all your love and support! Until next time, love bug!